Target Stores Security Breach
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
You may have heard that Target’s security was breached and over 40 million customers were affected, as reported by News media. It may be beneficial to note that this breach only affected in-store credit/debit card transactions; online purchases were not affected. The impact time frame was between Nov. 27th and Dec. 15th 2013 which includes Black Friday purchases. IF you used your Points West Community Bank Debit card at a Target store during this time frame, PLEASE monitor your accounts closely and report any unauthorized activity to your branch immediately. Proactively, you may contact your local branch and request a replacement card if you are concerned.
Friday, January 24th, 2014
Online Banking will be temporarily unavailable between 7:00pm to 10:00pm on Sunday, January 26th for scheduled maintenance. Please use our free Telephone Banking System at 1-800-364-3698 to check balances and transactions. ~ We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.~
Free Credit Report
Friday, January 17th, 2014
The best source for your free credit report that is authorized by the Federal government is www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.
Reasons to check you credit report annually:
- Credit reports may affect the terms or conditions of a loan, credit card approval, housing request, and even your employment application.
- Reviewing your credit report helps you catch signs of identity theft. Ensure all information is correct and up-to-date.
- If you suspect you are the victim of identity theft contact the National Credit Reporting Agencies: Experian- 1-888-397-3742
Online Banking Tips
Friday, January 3rd, 2014
As the utilization of online banking becomes more common, your friends at Points West Community Bank have complied some helpful hints and tricks to make your experience safer, efficient, and preferable.
- It is not a good idea to use your account number as your Access ID.
- Make it a habit to at least login to your online banking account once every ninety days to keep your account active.
- It is polite to share, but in this case it is necessary to keep your Access ID and passwords private.
- If you forget your password you can reset it by clicking on the “Click here if you forgot your password” link that is below your authentication image on the password screen.
- If you make an online transfer after 2pm it will not post until the next business day.
You can find additional help at the Education Center, which provides helpful guidance for online banking; especially for Online Bill Pay.
As always, please feel free to stop by or contact your local branch. We will be more than happy to help you!